There are some things that, when experienced, ruin you forever. Your first expensive watch. Flying business class. And, of course, freshly grated horseradish. Once you taste freshly grated horseradish you will never go back to buying store bought. It can be added to anything mashed potatoes to grown-up baked mac and cheese to a quick jus. Making your own horseradish is super easy; in fact we turned it into a completely ridiculous 2 minute video just to prove how simple it is:
Vibrant Health Benefits:
- Not only is horseradish a perfect low-calorie, non-fat way to boost the flavor of your food & cocktails, it’s also nutritious.
- It has powerful antioxidant properties that can alleviate sinus discomfort and sinus infections by ridding our bodies of excess mucus.
- It also hosts antibacterial properties which can destroy the harmful bacteria in the throat and reduce the chances of bronchitis and coughs, as well as increasing blood flow to the infected area and help rapidly remove waste products from the body.
- The glucosinolates in horseradish have the potential to increase human resistance to cancer and environmental toxins.
- Research suggests horseradish can increase the liver’s ability to detoxify carcinogens and may suppress tumor growth.
- While many green, cruciferous vegetables contain glucosinolates, horseradish contains up to 10x as much as vegetables such broccoli and brussels sprouts.